POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene (Message 35 to 44 of 44)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene
Date: 8 Dec 2006 03:50:00
Message: <web.4579273253db6158f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
> Stephen wrote:

> Actually, thinking about it, I usually hear it used with husband/wife
> type relationships. If it's derogatory, you'd say they're a "kiss-a$$".
>
> --
>    Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
>      Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans,
>      and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best."

up e.g. teachers pet.

my ears.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Dec 2006 04:45:01
Message: <web.457933fd53db6158f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> schreef in bericht
> > Of course, it's all subjective.  I just wondered if I was the only person
> > who found most examples I've seen of focal blur apertures to be too large
> > to be aesthetically appealing.
> >

> As a long-time (amateur) photographer, I tend to agree with you. But, as you
> say, it is subjective. I have very rarely used focal blur in POV-Ray, mainly
> because I almost never do close-up scenes, but I feel tempted to do a series
> of try-outs (when I find some time...)
>
> Thomas

show a point. I too think that generally when focal blur is used it is often
applied too heavily.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Dec 2006 08:08:28
Message: <457963cc$1@news.povray.org>

web.457933fd53db6158f1cb1e660@news.povray.org...
> Not being critical of Warp's example as it is good practice to exaggerate
> show a point. I too think that generally when focal blur is used it is
> often
> applied too heavily.

Case in point :)
-> http://www.metropolismag.com/cda/story.php?artid=1760

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Dec 2006 08:35:00
Message: <web.4579693453db6158f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapgfr> wrote:

> web.457933fd53db6158f1cb1e660@news.povray.org...
> > Not being critical of Warp's example as it is good practice to exaggerate
> > show a point. I too think that generally when focal blur is used it is
> > often
> > applied too heavily.
>
> Case in point :)
> -> http://www.metropolismag.com/cda/story.php?artid=1760
>
> G.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Dec 2006 09:13:29
Message: <45797309@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapgfr> schreef in bericht

> Case in point :)
> -> http://www.metropolismag.com/cda/story.php?artid=1760

Yes indeed!
Strange. I suppose he has some artistic idea in his mind, but for me these
photographs look just *amateurish*.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapgfr> schreef in bericht
> >
> > Case in point :)
> > -> http://www.metropolismag.com/cda/story.php?artid=1760
> >

> Yes indeed!
> Strange. I suppose he has some artistic idea in his mind, but for me these
> photographs look just *amateurish*.
>
> Thomas

For *amateurish* read poor or bad.

Stephen