POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene (Message 25 to 34 of 44)
From: Alain
Subject: Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene
Date: 6 Dec 2006 17:54:00
Message: <45774a08$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 06/12/2006 12:26:
> Warp wrote:
>>   Hmm, looking at the definition of "flattering" at webster.com (like
>> "to praise excessively especially from motives of self-interest"), it
>> might not actually mean what I wanted.

> For what it's worth, in all the native English I've spoken, "flattering"
> isn't always derogatory. A "flatterer" is one who is doing what the
> above definition says. But "being flattered" or "I'm flattered" or "that
> dress flatters you" are all compliments.

> And, on topic, am I the only one that thinks most of the uses I see of
> focal blur are over-the-top? It's so distracting it ruins the picture
> sometimes. Maybe just a bit would work out better.  Or, as I said, is it
> just me?

"Flaterer" will be derogatory when acting to get favors or have ulterior,
unsaid, motive. A cinsere flaterer don't try to extract any advantage, he may
only be over entusiastic or more extroverted than most.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell

Post a reply to this message