POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene : Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene
From: Randall Sawyer
Date: 6 Dec 2006 22:40:00
Message: <web.45778b6753db6158e81faf070@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Randall Sawyer <sra### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > That actually helps a lot.  A simply-worded tutorial with spectacular
> > results like that would be nice to see in the documentation of future
> > POV-Ray releases.
>
>   The problem I see is that this is a tutorial on scene design, not on
> using POV-Ray per se. In other words, it's a tutorial on how to compose
> a scene which looks cool, and the tricks can be used on any renderer,
> not just POV-Ray.
>   The tutorials in the POV-Ray documentation are (and IMO should be)
> about how to use POV-Ray itself and its features. Scene composition
> is largely irrelevant in that context.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Okay, but I still meant what I said.  I've gone through the tutorials in the
documentation.  I get the colors and textures and finishes kind of alright -
but not exactly what I want.  Sometimes I end up exporting the image to GIMP
to "get it right."

Perhaps tutorials on scene design could be an appendix.  Or, the
documentation could include links to scene design site(s).

Thanks again...

-Randall