POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene : Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4 tips to improve a simple POV-Ray scene
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Dec 2006 03:12:42
Message: <45791e7a$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> schreef in bericht
> Of course, it's all subjective.  I just wondered if I was the only person
> who found most examples I've seen of focal blur apertures to be too large
> to be aesthetically appealing.

As a long-time (amateur) photographer, I tend to agree with you. But, as you
say, it is subjective. I have very rarely used focal blur in POV-Ray, mainly
because I almost never do close-up scenes, but I feel tempted to do a series
of try-outs (when I find some time...)

Thomas