POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Union{} problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Union{} problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: FlyerX
Subject: Union{} problem
Date: 3 Sep 2006 21:55:45
Message: <44fb87a1$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

POV-Ray 3.6.1 / WinXP

When I use union{} with several mesh2 objects that may be intersecting
the render always ends with bright edges where the mesh intersections
are. The only way to avoid this that I know of is to add split_union off
at the end of the union{}. Using this flag the render is fine but the
problem is that it does not let any of the individual mesh objects to
have no_shadow properties of their own.

Here are two images showing the issue. Look at the knees and left hip.
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/images/split_union_on.png
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/images/split_union_off.png

I am sure I do not know what I am doing but the documentation is lacking
on detailed information about this. Any insight will be appreciated.

later,

FlyerX

Post a reply to this message