POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV 'Outline' capability Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:00:09 EDT (-0400)
  POV 'Outline' capability (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: POV 'Outline' capability
Date: 14 Jun 2006 05:11:27
Message: <448fd2bf@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> A possibility is to surround the objects that you want to outline with a very
slightly larger,
> transparent version of itself.

  That's just not possible in the general case. A simple 'scale' won't do.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Norbert Kern
Date: 14 Jun 2006 06:15:01
Message: <web.448fe14933311c7c1302c26c0@news.povray.org>
There is another attempt for cartoon like povray renders -
http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dtw/pov/misc/_povsrc/ .

Look after outline1.pov to outline3.pov.

Its similar to Thibaut's object-based toon shading approach IIRC.

David Wallace did some other very nice images too -
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~dtw/3D_Graphics/index.html .

Norbert Kern

Post a reply to this message