POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SIGGRAPH! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  SIGGRAPH! (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: gregjohn
Subject: SIGGRAPH!
Date: 9 Mar 2006 11:55:01
Message: <web.44105cfc71fb99e840d56c170@news.povray.org>
I'm going to the Boston conference.

A few Q's:

1)  Anyone else going?

2)  There's a huge difference in registration cost betwen  Full Conference
(Member $750) and Conference Select (Member $220).  I suppose I could
research this further on my own, but it's not clearly laid out in their
2006 web pages yet.  Anyone have any idea whether the average pov-hobbyist
would have any interest in the Full?

3)  I'm of course surely paying my own hotel and travel and registration.
But does povray need a table to be sat at for a period of time?  (I'm not
intending to get any renumeration, but wouldn't pass up for a sec an
opportunity to earn an invitation to a wine and chesse fest somewhere.)

4)  What does the average conference attendee bring along?  I could imagine
that if you were desparately looking for a job, you'd actively be passing
out resume's and demo reel wallet-size DVD's.  But does the average
attendee bring a lot of stuff to share with folks they rub elbows with?

Post a reply to this message