POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Forest question. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:34:43 EDT (-0400)
  Forest question. (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Forest question.
Date: 7 Oct 2005 16:00:36
Message: <4346d3e4@news.povray.org>
Put quite simply, how do I go about it?

I've tried making trees singly, before now, but I always run into memory
issues when loading them.  For my current project, I need not one, but a
  whole bunch of trees.  Preferably, a moderately dense Deciduous forest.

So I was wondering if there was a way to fill a large area with trees.
Ideally it would be nice to have them conform to a landscape as well,
but I try not to be greedy.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

You go about it by creating a mesh the represents the
tree. You can then use POV-Ray to copy the mesh
all over the scene without setting your computer on fire.

Stefan

"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] hotmailcom> skrev i meddelandet
> Put quite simply, how do I go about it?
>
> I've tried making trees singly, before now, but I always run into memory
> issues when loading them.  For my current project, I need not one, but a
> whole bunch of trees.  Preferably, a moderately dense Deciduous forest.
>
> So I was wondering if there was a way to fill a large area with trees.
> Ideally it would be nice to have them conform to a landscape as well, but
> I try not to be greedy.
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful.
>

> A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message