POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray speed guide Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray speed guide (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Florian Brucker
Subject: POV-Ray speed guide
Date: 16 Nov 2004 14:56:05
Message: <419a5b55$1@news.povray.org>
I've put together a guide on how to improve rendering speed with
POV-Ray. It is meant to be an introduction to the topic, a collection of
links to already existing articles and a place to publish new tips and
tricks:

http://torfbold.com/index.php?main=Graphics&sub=POV+Speed+Guide

I'm of course very interested in feedback from the community. So if
you've got critcism, suggestions, spotted typos, etc. I'd like to know
about it.

If you want to contribute a tip or trick to the guide, this is of course
appreciated even more ;) Two-pass radiosity renders should be mentioned
somewhere, for example... (I can't give tips on things I don't know
nothing about ;)

Thanks for any tips, and a special "Thank you!" to the whole community
for always being my main source of POV-Ray knowledge (I hope I can give
something back to the community with my article).

Florian
--
camera{look_at-y*10location<8,-3,-8>*10}#local a=0;#while(a<999)sphere{
#local _=.01*a-4.99;#local p=a*.01-5;#local c=.01*a-4.995;<sin(p*pi)*5p

Post a reply to this message