POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray & Databases Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:09:06 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray & Databases (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: ingo
Subject: POV-Ray & Databases
Date: 4 Nov 2004 15:02:56
Message: <Xns9597D61F45BD9seed7@news.povray.org>
There's a thread on Access97 in p.o-t.
Gilles gets data from databases and renders these with POV-Ray.
I'm playing a bit with SQLite to get an idea of SQL.

SQLite is a relative simple tool that can be used from the commandline but
is designed to be embedded in an other application.

So,
how usefull would it be to have an embedded database in POV-Ray? What kind
of things could one do then? Could it be helpfull for particle systems?
Could it be helpfull for keeping persistent data between rendering frames
of an animation?

http://www.sqlite.org/

Ingo

Post a reply to this message