POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray & Databases : Re: POV-Ray & Databases Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & Databases
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Nov 2004 20:19:41
Message: <MPG.1bf481927c67ef3e989c10@news.povray.org>
In article <418ab6a5@news.povray.org>, "=Bob="
<robertUNDERSCOREdobbinsATmailDOTtdsDOTnet> says...
> [deletions]
> : how usefull would it be to have an embedded database in POV-Ray? What kind
> : of things could one do then? Could it be helpfull for particle systems?
> : Could it be helpfull for keeping persistent data between rendering frames
> : of an animation?
>
> I made a Pov 3.1 version that had dBASE III read and write
> capability. I posted an article about it offering the patch but
> no one answered. I threw it out after about a year and there
> was absolutely no interest.

Too bad.. Unfortunately making something and convincing them it is useful
is not always the same thing. You sometimes have to show them how useful
it is in a significant way. I am more the "any thing that makes like
easier" sort and I can see that as a feature with would make some things
easier.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()