POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray & Databases : Re: POV-Ray & Databases Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & Databases
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 4 Nov 2004 17:01:01
Message: <418aa69d@news.povray.org>

Xns9597D61F45BD9seed7@news.povray.org...
> So,
> how usefull would it be to have an embedded database in POV-Ray? What kind
> of things could one do then? Could it be helpfull for particle systems?
> Could it be helpfull for keeping persistent data between rendering frames
> of an animation?

I have wondered several times about a built-in ODBC connectivity in the SDL
(rather than an embedded database). I guess a lot of code for that is
already in the PHP source. About possible uses, the way I'm using an
Oracle/Access/POV-Ray 3.1 combo is fairly atypical but being able to store
things in databases is always handy, particularly in the scientific /
technical field. Coupled with a good SDL library for charts and graphs that
could be interesting for people who are into scientific visualisation.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com