POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to save memory Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to save memory (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Fernando G  del Cueto
Subject: Trying to save memory
Date: 30 Sep 2004 03:12:50
Message: <415bb1f2$1@news.povray.org>
I have a union of *many* copies of a heightmap.

Except the pigment, the texture (normals and finish) of each element is
identical. It's a random color for each instance.

If I assign pigments individually and assing normal and finish to the
union, will I save memory?

Thanks,

Fernando

Post a reply to this message

> I have a union of *many* copies of a heightmap.

What is a heightmap?

> Except the pigment, the texture (normals and finish) of each element is
> identical. It's a random color for each instance.
>
> If I assign pigments individually and assing normal and finish to the
> union, will I save memory?

No.

Christoph

Last updated 23 Sep. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

>> I have a union of *many* copies of a heightmap.
>

> What is a heightmap?

Sorry! It's late and I'm tired! I tried to say height_field.

>> Except the pigment, the texture (normals and finish) of each element
>> is identical. It's a random color for each instance.
>>
>> If I assign pigments individually and assing normal and finish to the
>> union, will I save memory?
>
> No.

So, it's the same to apply the whole texture individually or to the union?

Thanks,

Fernando

Post a reply to this message