POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  BUG: failed to save file (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: failed to save file
Date: 20 Jul 2004 23:12:41
Message: <40fddf29@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This thread probably belongs in povray.windows.

That being said, I can't replicate the problem either. If I can you can be
sure it will be fixed but at this point I'm not seeing it.

Thorsten, I wonder if this is another example of non-volatile variables causing
problems ? e.g. I could never replicate that 'thread failed to init' problem
either but I know it affected certain machines but not others, just like this
one does.

If so a VC++ compile will probably flush it out.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

<new### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote:

> Thorsten, I wonder if this is another example of non-volatile variables
causing
> problems ? e.g. I could never replicate that 'thread failed to init' problem
> either but I know it affected certain machines but not others, just like this
> one does.

I rather suspect it is a race condition somewhere.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde