POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BUG: failed to save file : Re: failed to save file Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: failed to save file
From: Chris Cason
Date: 22 Jul 2004 03:35:05
Message: <40ff6e29@news.povray.org>
> It certainly is not.  There was a several month long public beta test of
> POV-Ray, and none of the beta testers reported this particular problem
> either.  Yet, many other problems were reported and fixed.

to be fair to the OP, the 'backend thread failed to init' problem only
briefly emerged during testing (but then went away). Yet it came back with
a vengance after release. given not a lot of users end up in these groups,
it could be some just try and either put up with it, or simply give up.

I personally tend to agree that this problem is probably more widespread
than we in the team currently think.

-- Chris