POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fighting poverty with POV-Ray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Fighting poverty with POV-Ray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Scott Deerwester
Subject: Fighting poverty with POV-Ray
Date: 3 May 2004 08:30:00
Message: <40963b48$1@news.povray.org>
How would you like to use your 3D modeling skills to help some of the
poorest people on earth?

P3 is a project to put key knowledge resources on cheap handheld
computers for people living in extreme poverty. Because literacy is low
in some places, we'd like to use a virtual village as a navigation
metaphor. Different "huts" would stand for different areas of knowledge
- a medical hut would house health information, an agriculture hut
information on farming, etc. So instead of clicking on the word
"health", they might click on the medical hut.

We've put together a project page that gives the details. We also have a
mailing list and an IRC channel if you're interested in participating.
Come help us build a virtual village to help the poor!

  * P3 home page: http://www.p3international.org/
  * Project page: http://www.p3international.org/projects/village/
  * Mailing list: p3v### [at] weezelnet
  * IRC channel: #p3 at irc.Freenode.net