POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Thinking about J2K... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:11:18 EDT (-0400)
  Thinking about J2K... (Message 36 to 45 of 45)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Thinking about J2K...
Date: 10 Mar 2004 18:47:07
Message: <404fa8fb@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] spamcom> wrote:
> Do you have a link to a 24/96 sample file I could use to compare?

  Do you really have a soundcard capable of playing 24/96 sounds?
Those soundcards which can are usually quite expensive pro cards.
  If you have a regular soundblaster or whatever, it will just
downsample it to 16/48 (supposing it doesn't refuse to play it
at all) and naturally you won't hear any difference (or the
24/96 may even sound worse if the soundcard makes a crappy
downsampling job).

  But to answer your question: Nope. I have no idea where you could
get those kind of samples.