POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching a specific image... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:23 EDT (-0400)
  Searching a specific image... (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Searching a specific image...
Date: 6 Feb 2004 14:17:20
Message: <4023e840@news.povray.org>
Hi all!

I've bought myself a game of Go and would like to model a professional board
(with nice stones made of marble, wooden board etc) now. Someone recently
posted an image of a pyramid or a cube, filled with nice, marble-like media.
I've used the Search of the web-interface and have looked through the posts
residing here at home, but I'm unable to find it. Anyone got a pointer?

Aside of that, does anyone have experience with scripting/modelling some
media-driven subsurface effects, especially in the direction of marble? I do
have quiet some experience with media, but maybe there's a tried and tested
approach which would make my life easier. :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

> I've bought myself a game of Go and would like to model a professional board
> (with nice stones made of marble, wooden board etc) now. Someone recently

Professional stones are made from (clam) shell and slate, more everyday
stones are glass (and cheap sets are plastic). I don't think marble is
used for stones. (Example pictures:
http://www.mastersgames.com/images/orientalboard/clamshellandslate.jpg
http://ishigames.com/gostones.htm )

Regards,