POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching a specific image... : Re: Searching a specific image... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching a specific image...
From: Dan P
Date: 6 Feb 2004 21:06:01
Message: <40244809$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim.nikias (@) nolights.de> wrote in message
news:402443f5@news.povray.org...
> > Professional stones are made from (clam) shell and slate, more everyday
> > stones are glass (and cheap sets are plastic). I don't think marble is
> > used for stones.
>
> Heh, I guess someone misunderstood me here... :-)
>
> If I'd be asking about actual and real stones, I would have posted to
> off-topic. What I meant was modelling them in CSG, using spheres and
> cylinders, filling them with media to achieve a marble-like texturing.
We're
> on POV-Ray newsgroups, and "general" generally applies to things related
> poving in general, or am I mistaken? :-)

Here's a quick one-off that might help you in the right direction:

#include "colors.inc"

light_source
{
 <-20, 100, -100>
 color White
}

light_source
{
 <20, 100, 100>
 color rgb <0.2, 0.3, 0.4>
 shadowless
}

camera
{
 location <0, 3, -6>
 look_at <0, 0, 0>
}

#declare piece =
sphere
{
 <0, 0, 0>, 1
 scale <1, 0.4, 1>
}

#declare white_piece =
object
{
 piece

 pigment
 {
  wrinkles

  color_map
  {
   [0, rgbf <0.7, 0.7, 0.7, 0.1> ]
   [1, rgbf <1, 1, 1, 0.1> ]
  }

  scale <020, 0.2, 0.2>
 }

 finish
 {
   specular 0.6
   reflection 0.1
 }
}

#declare black_piece =
object
{
 piece

 pigment
 {
  color rgb <0.24, 0.24, 0.24>
 }

 normal
 {
  wrinkles
  scale <0.4, 0.05, 0.4>
 }

 finish
 {
   specular 0.2
   reflection 0
 }
}

plane
{
 y, 0

 pigment
 {
  checker rgb <0.6, 0.5, 0.4> rgb <0.5, 0.4, 0.3>
  scale <2.5, 1, 2.5>
 }

 finish
 {
  specular 0.5
 }
}

object { white_piece rotate 30*y }
object { white_piece rotate 2*y translate 2.5*x }
object { black_piece translate -2.5*z }