POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching a specific image... : Re: Searching a specific image... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching a specific image...
From: Bernard Hatt
Date: 7 Feb 2004 01:33:23
Message: <402486B4.384A9C8E@arkady.demon.co.uk>
"Tim Nikias v2.0" wrote:

> > Professional stones are made from (clam) shell and slate, more everyday
> > stones are glass (and cheap sets are plastic). I don't think marble is
> > used for stones.
>
> Heh, I guess someone misunderstood me here... :-)

I was trying to clear up the confusion, were you asking for POV images
that would look like real professional stones (shell and slate), or
POV images that would look like marble stones (which are not used in
real life)?

The photo links were to highlight the differences between marble and
shell which have different colouring/textures etc.

Regards,

Bernard (7k)