POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 2.2 and Crossroads Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Pov 2.2 and Crossroads (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: GreyBeard
Subject: Pov 2.2 and Crossroads
Date: 1 Jan 2004 11:28:00
Message: <3ff44a90$1@news.povray.org>
Just a general question, before I drag the old 166 P2 out and try it.  Keith
Rule's Crossroads, if I read the menu right, will convert POV 2.0 to other
formats, which could make life a bit simpler for me.  I don't have 2.0, but
have the 2.2 version that came with the Ray Tracing Creations book.  Were
the changes between 2.0 and 2.2 enough that it would have problems?  Most of
what I'll be doing consists mainly of primitives, I'm not into animations,
all I want to do is import props into Poser so I can make the figures fit
before I render in POV-Ray.  Poseray does a fair job of translating the
Poser files to Pov, but it would be nice if I could see the prop I'm trying
to make the figure fit, while I'm trying to make the figure fit.

Post a reply to this message

> Just a general question, before I drag the old 166 P2 out and try it.  Keith
> Rule's Crossroads, if I read the menu right, will convert POV 2.0 to other
> formats, which could make life a bit simpler for me.  I don't have 2.0, but
> have the 2.2 version that came with the Ray Tracing Creations book.  Were
> the changes between 2.0 and 2.2 enough that it would have problems?  Most of
> what I'll be doing consists mainly of primitives, I'm not into animations,
> all I want to do is import props into Poser so I can make the figures fit
> before I render in POV-Ray.  Poseray does a fair job of translating the
> Poser files to Pov, but it would be nice if I could see the prop I'm trying
> to make the figure fit, while I'm trying to make the figure fit.

Fundamentally there was no major difference between v2.0 and v2.2. Be aware,
however, that Crossroads will only read in a union of triangles and has no
ability to handle POV-Ray's internal primitives.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message