POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 2.2 and Crossroads : Re: Pov 2.2 and Crossroads Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 2.2 and Crossroads
From: Warp
Date: 1 Jan 2004 20:22:35
Message: <3ff4c7db@news.povray.org>
What you are trying to do is not to export a POV-Ray mesh to another
format but to tesselate primitives (and write them to a file in the
process).
  The problem with your idea is that you can't take an existing scene
and "export" it to an OBJ file. You need to basically rebuild the whole
scene by replacing every primitive with a correspondent macro call.

  And you can't convert every scene this way either. I bet your macros
won't support CSG nor the most complex primitives of POV-Ray nor meshes.

  I'm afraid that if the macros don't support at least CSG, they are
more or less useless because it's difficult to construct any decent
scene using primitives but without CSG. Such scenes will be rather
simple in nature.