POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3D World Mag Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  3D World Mag (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Re: 3D World Mag
Date: 19 Dec 2003 13:50:02
Message: <web.3fe347ab52d45b1f40d56c170@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

>they make most money from selling advertisement space and they
> need to maintain good relations to those companies that pay
> for these.  I did not actually see what they wrote but of
> course it is really quite questionable to feature such an
> image in a magazine that is about 3D software among other
> things and simply 'forget' to mention the software used to
> generate the image.

If they need to remain good relations with advertisers-- non freeware
software companies-- then it would be prudent to keep quiet about freeware.
 (Albeit I myself discovered povray through a user's gallery in
ComputerArts magazine.)  It was in fact how these mags seemed to be one big
bloody ad for expensive gadgets that I stopped reading them.

Gilles, so that I'll be prepared to negotiate when they come beating down my
door, was any compensation involved?  And if so, was it like one round of
brews for my pals, or like the whole meal tab for the povray francophile
group?

Greg M. Johnson

Post a reply to this message