POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : splitting-up large renders Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  splitting-up large renders (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: splitting-up large renders
Date: 25 Nov 2003 17:23:58
Message: <3fc3d67e@news.povray.org>
Recently, I tried running several instances of a very large render on
several different computers.  Where the images were spliced together, I was
left with lines in the shadowed areas.

I'm guessing that this has to do with different Radiosity calculations being
done on the different computers.  This must be a common problem, but I
didn't see anything in the documentation about it.

Is there a way around this?

--
Jeremy

Post a reply to this message

> Recently, I tried running several instances of a very large render on
> several different computers.  Where the images were spliced together, I was
> left with lines in the shadowed areas.
>
> I'm guessing that this has to do with different Radiosity calculations being
> done on the different computers.  This must be a common problem, but I
> didn't see anything in the documentation about it.
>
> Is there a way around this?

Don't use radiosity.

--
Ken Tyler