POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smalltalk raytracer Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Smalltalk raytracer (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: David Buck
Subject: Smalltalk raytracer
Date: 11 Oct 2003 21:23:45
Message: <3f88ad21$1@news.povray.org>
If anyone is interested in learning how ray tracing works or wants an
excuse to learn Smalltalk, I've written a (very) simplistic ray tracer
in Smalltalk and made the code freely available.  Don't expect anything
dramatic - this version isn't even as powerful as DKBTrace was.  My
purpose in writing it was to see how ray tracing would look in a pure
object oriented language, to help teach some techniques in Smalltalk,
and to give me something fun to write rather than business applications.

You can see a better description of it on my blog:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/buck/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3243310836

To try it out, you'll need to get VisualWorks Smalltalk Non-commercial
(free for non-commercial use).

http://www.cincom.com/scripts/smalltalk.dll/downloads/index.ssp

If you have any questions about it, feel free to e-mail me at
dav### [at] simberoncom.

Have fun - that's what it's all about.

David Buck
Simberon Inc.