POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reflect_metallic equivalent Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  reflect_metallic equivalent (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Marc Champagne
Subject: reflect_metallic equivalent
Date: 15 Sep 2003 21:24:14
Message: <Xns93F7D9572F477POVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Hello again,

This is a snipit from Rune's Brushed Metal texture

   #declare Brushed_Finish = finish {
      ambient 0
      diffuse 0.95
      specular 0.96
      roughness 0.0005
      phong 0.43
      phong_size 25
      brilliance 3.15
      reflection 0.33
      reflect_metallic
      metallic on
   }

What do I do with "reflect_metallic" in v3.5

Would it be the same as: reflection { .33, .33 metallic } ?

Merci!

--
Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca

Post a reply to this message

Program ended abnormally on 15/09/2003 21:24, Due to a catastrophic Marc
Champagne error:
> Hello again,
>
> This is a snipit from Rune's Brushed Metal texture
>
>    #declare Brushed_Finish = finish {
>       ambient 0
>       diffuse 0.95
>       specular 0.96
>       roughness 0.0005
>       phong 0.43
>       phong_size 25
>       brilliance 3.15
>       reflection 0.33
>       reflect_metallic
>       metallic on
>    }
>
> What do I do with "reflect_metallic" in v3.5
>
> Would it be the same as: reflection { .33, .33 metallic } ?

Yes.  "reflect_metallic" was a Megapov keyword, and its functionality was moved
to the new "metallic" keyword in the reflection block in 3.5.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }

Post a reply to this message

Francois Labreque <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote in

>> What do I do with "reflect_metallic" in v3.5
>>
>> Would it be the same as: reflection { .33, .33 metallic }
>> ?

> Yes.  "reflect_metallic" was a Megapov keyword, and its
> functionality was moved to the new "metallic" keyword in
> the reflection block in 3.5.

Was reflect_metallic ever used in any official POV version ?

If not, then Rune's Brushed Metal texture was for Megapov and
not Pov, that would explain why I can't reproduce the actual
"brushed" appearance in Pov.

Let me know please

Thanks a million

--