POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reflect_metallic equivalent : Re: reflect_metallic equivalent Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflect_metallic equivalent
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 16 Sep 2003 00:12:18
Message: <cjameshuff-D583D3.00115816092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>,
 Marc Champagne <marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca> wrote:

> Was reflect_metallic ever used in any official POV version ?

No.

> If not, then Rune's Brushed Metal texture was for Megapov and
> not Pov, that would explain why I can't reproduce the actual
> "brushed" appearance in Pov.

Well...this feature has nothing to do with a "brushed" appearance. That
is usually done by using an average texture with several different
normals. Metallic reflection affects the color of the reflection.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/