POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is news.povray.org trying to do? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  What is news.povray.org trying to do? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Tim Riley
Subject: What is news.povray.org trying to do?
Date: 5 Aug 2003 19:06:51
Message: <3f30388b$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone experienced this? Some time after I've checked the newsgroups
on news.povray.org (up to an hour later), ZoneAlarm detects that
news.povray.org (204.213.191.226) tries to access ports 1070 and 1066
(and several others, but those are the only two in my current log) on my
computer. None of the port lists I've checked with mention that these
ports are assigned to anything. I'm using Netscape 7.1 (although I
believe that this happened with earlier versions - 4.78 and 7.0 - I
bypassed 6.0) and it seems to happen only if I keep Netscape running. As
long as ZoneAlarm blocks the access, I'm not too worried, but I am
curious as to what is going on.

Post a reply to this message