POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is news.povray.org trying to do? : Re: What is news.povray.org trying to do? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is news.povray.org trying to do?
From: Tim Riley
Date: 6 Aug 2003 12:08:16
Message: <3f3127f0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> You connected to the sever and left the connection open.  It is about to be
> closed by the server because your client is blocking that server resource
> for too long without doing anything (not nice).  So the server you are
> connected to has to tell your client that the connection will be terminated.
> ZoneAlarm just picks this up and generates a false message.  Report it as a
> bug to the developers of ZoneAlarm.  It should not report such things
> because they are simply the proper way to end a connection that was left
> open.

Makes sense, however, I don't see the same thing from any of the other
news servers I frequent. Maybe they don't time-out, or their time-out
values are longer than I'm on the computer. I don't think that it is a
bug in ZoneAlarm. It doesn't try to judge the validity of any accesses;
it's up to me to decide what access I want to allow. I'll trust
news.povray.org and put it on ZoneAlarm's trusted list.

Thanks for the reply.