POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples (Message 21 to 30 of 31)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: Andreas Kreisig
Subject: Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples
Date: 7 Jul 2003 12:06:55
Message: <3f099a9f@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I've only tested this with IE6 under XP so if you have problems with other
> browsers and OS let me know.

Absolutly great. The Java applet works fine with Linux, KDE 3.2 and
Konqueror!

--
http://www.render-zone.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Jul 2003 17:08:55
Message: <3f0b32e7@news.povray.org>

web.3f092ce3cd84272ba472d3920@news.povray.org...
> Tried it but when dropping the image on the exe, it says "Not
> equirectangular input" ?? (For info, my picture size is 400x400 (dividable
> by 4) and the camera was spherical camera angle=360d -HORIZONTAL - what
> about the vertical ?)

I think that equirectangular images needs a ratio such as 800 x 400 or 1000
x 500 : width = 2 x height.

G.

--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

From: tommy
Date: 9 Jul 2003 02:40:01
Message: <web.3f0bb849cd84272ba472d3920@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
>I think that equirectangular images needs a ratio such as 800 x 400 or 1000
>x 500 : width = 2 x height.
>
>G.

Yes, you are right. Equirectangular projection is width=2*height

Nevertheless, I am totally lost...

I managed easily to create the .mov panorama but I don't have Quick Time
(and it is impossible to get it as the set-up wizard is asking information
about the proxy and as I am working in a big organisation with firewalls
and password protection for the proxy).

So I decided to try to get it in Java.  What should I do to get the Java
version of the pano ??

Then, I went to Gilles website to see the Java panorama of "My Family" and I
was hoping to find some explanation in the HTML code sourceit but it
totally failed to see the pano (although yesterday it was working great
???)

I downloaded yesterday the Java Web Start version 1.2.0_03 to be able to
play with the new version of POV-Tree 1.1 (which is working great) but I
suspect that this could be the reason why I can't see anymore the Java
pano...

I am not a Java expert so may be someone could direct me...

Tommy - The French Pot Head Pixie

Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !
http://www.webkenya.com/