POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples : Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Jul 2003 04:50:55
Message: <3f0bd76f@news.povray.org>

web.3f0bb849cd84272ba472d3920@news.povray.org...

> So I decided to try to get it in Java.  What should I do to get the Java
> version of the pano ??

The java version of the pano is just the jpg image, no conversion is needed.
The HTML code is as follow :
<applet archive="ptviewer.jar" code="ptviewer.class" width="640"
height="480" >
<param name="file" value="../images/famille_jour_vr.jpg">
</applet>

> but it totally failed to see the pano
Too bad :( The applet is supposed to work with Java 1.04 or higher. I've had
this sort of problem with Java applets before which is why I don't trust
this technology very much...
Note that there's a version of PTViewer (available in the panotool suite)
that reads QTVR. I wasn't able to make it work (just got a red square) but
you could try it.
Also, there are other panorama applets (Live Picture, Go360).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com