POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : greek letters under linux? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  greek letters under linux? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Victor M  Rosas-Garcia
Subject: greek letters under linux?
Date: 4 Jun 2003 15:57:51
Message: <3ede4f3f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Is it possible to use greek letters in a text object under linux? After
  reading the documentation and the FAQ, it looks like only non-linux
OSs can do that.

Am I missing something here?

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: greek letters under linux?
Date: 4 Jun 2003 16:22:10
Message: <3ede54f2$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3ede4f3f$1@news.povray.org> , "Victor M. Rosas-Garcia"
<qui### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> Am I missing something here?

You need an editor that saves your text as Unicode UTF-8.  Then use "charset
utf8" (see the manual for details).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde