POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : greek letters under linux? : Re: greek letters under linux? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:16:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: greek letters under linux?
From: Victor M  Rosas-Garcia
Date: 4 Jun 2003 18:23:08
Message: <3ede714c$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so far I've got xterm and vim, both with multibyte support.  I can
read, write and display a bunch of characters in other languages.  I
have read sections 3.4.6, 6.11.6 and 6.1.7.3 in the manual.  Now, from
the manual, I understand that I have to specify

global_settings { charset utf8 }

in my *.pov file but, I am confused, am I supposed to save the entire
*.pov file encoded in utf8?  or should I only use the string function
chr() with the appropriate utf-8 value for the character I need? Also, I
have no ideat about the font name I should use in the text object.

Thx for you help.