POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving Speed from Moving object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Retrieving Speed from Moving object (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Retrieving Speed from Moving object
Date: 4 Apr 2003 03:35:54
Message: <3e8d43ea@news.povray.org>
I've got following problem:
For an algorithm to behave realistic, I need to know
the speed an object has. Problem is, I only have the
boundary-box accessible, and this one may change
its size. The object is macro driven and may suddenly
become something different, or just grow at certain
places.

Thinking about it, there is no error-proof method of
getting the speed from that, is there?

Hm. Perhaps I'll need to seperate object and its
transformation, and just apply the transformation to
a position. This'll give me the possibility of generating
the speed...

Any other ideas?

--
Tim Nikias v2.0