POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving Speed from Moving object : Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object
From: Kruger
Date: 5 Apr 2003 02:12:11
Message: <3e8e81cb@news.povray.org>
My only thought is to calculate the center of gravity of the object (I know
probably very difficult to do).  Since the object is changing throughout the
animation, the bounding box measurement method won't likely produce a
realistic result.
A quick way is to find the center of the bounding box (easier, but probably
still inaccurate)
How sure are you that the object when transformed will have the center of
gravity along a continuous path?
That would be important for a realistic animation.

well, that's my 2 cents on the problem.

Kruger