POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5 (Message 2 to 11 of 11)
From: Timothy R  Cook
Subject: Re: Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5
Date: 19 Jan 2003 19:43:33
Message: <3e2b4635@news.povray.org>
Dick Conley wrote:
> How do I conserve energy and have dispersion without the turquoise spots?

Increase photon_count or decrease photon_spacing?

--
--Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Dick Conley
Date: 21 Jan 2003 12:49:48
Message: <3e2d883c$1@news.povray.org>
So far I have had only one reply which did not solve the problem.

Further testing revealed that these turquoise spots are present with or
without photons when both conserve_energy and dispersion are present. Photon
spacing has no effect. With or without photons, remove either
conserve_energy or dispersion and the spots are gone.

With all the experts out there hopefully someone can show me how to have
conserve_energy and dispersion without the spots.

Dick Conley
dic### [at] localaccesscom

"Timothy R. Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message
> Dick Conley wrote:
> > How do I conserve energy and have dispersion without the turquoise
spots?

> Increase photon_count or decrease photon_spacing?
>
> --
> --Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message

> So far I have had only one reply which did not solve the problem.
> Further testing revealed that these turquoise spots are present with or
> without photons when both conserve_energy and dispersion are present. Photon
> spacing has no effect. With or without photons, remove either
> conserve_energy or dispersion and the spots are gone.
> With all the experts out there hopefully someone can show me how to have
> conserve_energy and dispersion without the spots.

Try increasing the dispersion count?  (hehe this one's probably
useless too, like my last one)