POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5 : Re: Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5 Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turquoise spots, PovRay v3.5
From: hughes, b
Date: 22 Jan 2003 17:07:56
Message: <3e2f163c@news.povray.org>
"Dick Conley" <dic### [at] localaccesscom> wrote in message
> I am attempting to render gemstones with dispersion and have run into some
> difficulties using PovRay v3.5.
>
> When the gemstone is rendered there are hundreds of unwanted turquoise
> colored spots.
>
> How do I conserve energy and have dispersion without the turquoise spots?

Having now rendered your scene file I can only say that it seems a limit of
some kind is reached. I don't see anything like you describe though. What I
get is a charcoal diamond, shades of dark gray. When I lower ior to 1.5 a
portion in the middle turns white. I can't say it is a bug, only that it
looks like a limitation and could be a possible bug. To make matters worse
is that our renders do not show us the same thing occuring.

With any luck maybe someone else could tell more about this.