POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cone density Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Cone density (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Skip Talbot
Subject: Cone density
Date: 18 Jan 2003 17:37:37
Message: <3e29d731@news.povray.org>
Hey everyone,  I'm trying duplicate the spray coming off the tires grazing
the water in this image:
http://members.aol.com/uiucparty/upload/defiantsmall.jpg

To do this I had planned on using a scattering media, with a cone (conular?)
density and some turbulence.  There doesn't appear to be a cone density file
built into pov-ray so I tried using the function for a cone as the density.
However, the field for this isosurface works towards the center of the
surface, so you still get a hard edge at the boundary of the cone.  Any
suggestions on how I could go about getting such a density or entirely
different ways of reproducing this effect?

Skip

Post a reply to this message