POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune particle question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 02:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Rune particle question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: ZSpider
Subject: Rune particle question
Date: 12 Jan 2003 14:22:27
Message: <3e21c073$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Has anybody been using this?  I'm trying to make an explosion that
eventually
dies out.  I used his blowup example, and set the particle_emitting to 0.5,
the
particle life to 1.0, and the final clock to 2.  My way of figuring has the
explo-
sion gone by 3/4 of the way through the animation, since it stops emitting
at
0.5 and then particle life is 1, the final particles emitted should last to
1.5,
and the clock goes to 2.  But instead it's dying abruptly halfway thru.

I'm figuring this is probably because I've got particle start at 0.0 and
particle
stop at 1, but now I don't understand how the particle life and particle
stop
effect one another.  If I've got the particle start at 0 and particle stop
at 1, then
what is the significance of having the emitting macro go til .5 with a life
of
1.0?

Does any of this make any sense?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Miker

Post a reply to this message