POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune particle question : Re: Rune particle question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune particle question
From: ZSpider
Date: 13 Jan 2003 20:06:32
Message: <3e236298@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> However, I think that if by particle stop you mean particle_end, then
> the problem is that the simulation will only last until the clock value
> of particle_end is reached, which you set to 1.0. You are right that if
> particle_emitting is set to stop at value 0.5 and particle_life is 1.0,
> then the last particles should die out at time 1.5 (provided that
> particle_lifeturb is 0.0), but only as long as the simulation is
> running, so you need to set particle_end to 1.5. (Or better yet 2.0, the
> same clock value as the end of your animation, to make up for possible
> non-zero values of particle_lifeturb.)

*********
Thanks, Rune!  I think I understand the relationship between particle_life
and particle_end now.  Particle_end is an absolute cut-off for all of them.
I will bang on it some more.  I didn't have any spare time at all today to
play with it and it bummed me out.  I went through your documentation
several times and then I distilled the file blowup pov down to a much
simpler render and then I went through and started changing variables
and then doing short bitmap series and comparing them to see the effects.
Some of the changes were obvious and I could predict them through an
understanding of the documentation, but others surprised me a bit.

It's an impressive piece of software, Rune, and I've barely scratched the
surface of it.  Thanks again!

Miker