POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HRI - Mirrored ball camera effect Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  HRI - Mirrored ball camera effect (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: lieven ke
Subject: HRI - Mirrored ball camera effect
Date: 6 Jan 2003 02:20:02
Message: <web.3e192d5fa846375c34cdce030@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Something is not really clear !!  It seems you need a specific camera
(spherical or mirrored ball) to create spherical-360 type pictures.
Look at http://www.debevec.org/Probes/ for pic.
-------------
Some pic are done with professional tools (cameras, software) and are done
using 8 or more pictures to have a full panoramic view.
But some pic are done using only one shot and the result is still correct.
-------------
Now, all the pic I have are rectangular shape (well, the basic shape) which
is not convenient for a spherical mapping.  My question :  is there a way
to simulate this spherical effect using a camera effect in POV 3.5 (such as
Fish-eye ?) or using an other software (Photoshop, COrel, others) or am I
obliged to buy a specific mirrored sphere camera ??

Your answer would appreciated.

Tommy
Promote web development in Africa
WWW - World Wide Web or Western Wide Web

Post a reply to this message