POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:13:36 EDT (-0400)
  Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released (Message 19 to 28 of 28)
From: Johannes Dahlstrom
Subject: Re: Sapphire (was: Re: Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released)
Date: 26 Oct 2002 18:14:37
Message: <3dbb13cc@news.povray.org>
Hmm. Come to think about it, there are pretty good candidates amongst star
names. These are from the apparent brightness Top 20 list:

 Vega, Capella, Rigel, Procyon, Agena, Altair, Acrux, Spica, Antares,
 Deneb, Mimosa...

Or constellations:

 Carina, Lyra, Aquila, Crux...

Or perhaps asteroids (most of these, as well as the names of other
planetary bodies in the Sol system, come from Greek or Roman
mytology):

 Ceres, Pallas, Vesta, Hygeia, Juno...

Or maybe a single Greek letter:

 Zeta, Eta, Lambda, Mu, Xi, Rho, Tau, Phi...

-Johannes

Post a reply to this message