POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released : Re: Sapphire (was: Re: Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sapphire (was: Re: Version 0.1 of my Ray Tracer released)
From: Ken
Date: 27 Oct 2002 11:35:39
Message: <3DBC159E.A377DA7F@pacbell.net>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> In article <3DB9E7FB.ECE938C3@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
> wrote:
>
> > http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2000/09/sapphire.html
>
> Uh-oh...and I was pretty sure the name wasn't taken.

I didn't mean to start a renaming contest. After a thorough read of that
page it looks like the guy did that programming over 2 years ago and it
was done mainly as an exersize rather than as practical end use product.
Were I you I would try to contact the guy who wrote the perl Sapphire routine
and ask if he minds you using the name. Personnaly I kinda like the name
Sapphire, and no offense to those who have offered alternatives, I still
like it the best.

--
Ken Tyler