POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : iso surfaces and pigments Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  iso surfaces and pigments (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: iso surfaces and pigments
Date: 7 Oct 2002 10:57:36
Message: <3da1a0e0$1@news.povray.org>
I've not really played with iso-pigments yet, so please excuse any obvious
errors in this.

Problem: You generate an iso-surface and what to apply an iso-pigment to it,
say, for example, a turbulent sea with foamy waves. Now, the surface represents
a particular threshold, so the same iso-surface function will be no help when it
comes to the pigment (since the surface would only return one value).

However, in some way, the pigment function has some relation to the iso-surface
(or at least you'd like it to), but what is it? (or should one always be using
some kind of slope-map in such situations?)

--
#macro A(V,B,C,R)#while(B-256)#if(V-128/B>=0)sphere{0,.5translate<C-4R-1,9>
pigment{rgb<1-C/8R/2C/8>}}#local V=V-128/B;#end#local B=B*2;#local C=C+1;#

Post a reply to this message