POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : iso surfaces and pigments : Re: iso surfaces and pigments Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: iso surfaces and pigments
From: Tom Melly
Date: 8 Oct 2002 05:58:22
Message: <3da2ac3e$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> I have to admit, that I don't understand your question.

It may be a dumb question - I'll play with your example (or similiar) and try
and work out whether this is a non-problem or not. I hadn't thought of using y
in the surface and 0 in the texture, and I've no idea whether this resolves the
issue.

As for my "problem", consider:

 isosurface{
 function{Surface_Fun(x,y,z)}
 [...]
 texture{
 function{Surface_Fun(x,y,z}}
 texture_map{...}
 }
 }

Here, the texture function becomes superfluous (IMHO), since the entire surface
will have the same threshold, meaning that only one entry in the texture map
will be used.