POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : spline settings to clock correspondence Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  spline settings to clock correspondence (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Dennis Miller
Subject: spline settings to clock correspondence
Date: 2 Oct 2002 18:30:18
Message: <3d9b737a@news.povray.org>
Hello. How do these settings correspond to a clock moving from 0 - 1?

spline {
    cubic_spline
    -.25, <0,0,-1>
    0.00, <3,.1,-5>
    0.25, <0,.2,-8>
    0.50, <-3,.3,-5>
    0.75, <0,-.1,0>
    1.00, <2,.2,-5>
    1.25, <0,.1,-8>
   }
Is the entire range -.25 to 1.25 compressed into the 0 - 1 range of the
clock, or are the outer two values "guide points" for the spline?
Thanks,
D.

Post a reply to this message