POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some info required, please... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Some info required, please... (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Christian
Subject: Some info required, please...
Date: 16 Sep 2002 14:15:05
Message: <web.3d861f0b3a416eb563f6c5880@news.povray.org>
First of all, good morning, guys. Christian is here.

GUAU! Feature implementation is a very hot topic, isn't it?

I think that it maybe because (as, I think ABX said) the "real" working guys
are very busy... in the name of god! Let this good men and women piss! :-)

I followed Christopher James Huff's advice (and BTW, thanks, Christopher and
to all of you, for always responding the messages of this newbie as knidly
as you do) and searched the news server for previous discussions about bone
animation, and found precious information about the subject.

I'm really interested in this subject, but also I really don't want to be
just a "big mouth", talking (writting) about a subject of wich I don't have
all the pieces of info I'd be required to have to seriusly talk about the
subject.

So, before anything, I'd like to know if there's already information about
how POV treates meshes internally - I'm only talking about meshes, but the
same mechanic would be used to patch objects, right? Not talking of
tesselate them, but to treat their control points instead of a mesh's
vertexes -; if it would be as simple as to implement a function that
pre-processes vertexes positions of meshes before it processes the whole
object, or not.

What kind of data strucrure is used to store vertex information? Are
vertexes numbered or indexed or anything like that? Does this structure
allows to manipulate internally the position of vertexes by external
values? Or functions?

Well, all this kind of stuff.

I've got a very draft idea in my mind, but I'd like more info/background
before saying (writting) anything.

BTW, don't hurry or get mad, please. I'm not saying "hey, you, get me this
NOW!". If there's anyone of you who knows this, or knows where I can find
it on the web, that'd be great.

Nothing else to ad, guys, but good luck and good bye.

Bye then!

Post a reply to this message