POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look (Message 51 to 60 of 178)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
Date: 1 Sep 2002 04:33:53
Message: <3d71d0f1@news.povray.org>
In article <3d712290@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>  I don't really want to degrade the pages because of an old and obsolete
> browser.

Well, that is the wrong attitude.  Remember there are a billion pages to
visit on the web.  If your page is crap people will just turn to one of the
999999999 other pages.  So if you are at all interested at people looking at
your page, you better get it to work correctly for everyone!

One solution is to stay away from crap like CSS2 and other nonsense.
Remember that the point of the web is not forcing people to upgrade to
whatever browser you like but to make ***content*** available.  If you fail
to present the content in a readable manner people will just ignore it.
There is more to see than just your one page, and there will always be an
alternate source they can use.  Soon thereafter your page will be
irrelevant!

Or as someone who knows well said "Forget the Web's Realities? You Die" [1].

    Thorsten

[1] <http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010819.html>

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde