POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:14:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Sep 2002 04:47:16
Message: <3d71d414@news.povray.org>
In article <3d7130fc@news.povray.org> , Xplo Eristotle <xpl### [at] infomagicnet>
wrote:

> If the site is written correctly, then it is your browser that is
> broken, not the site.

This is the biggest bullshit I have read in a long time!

There is no standard for HTML that requires it to render like crap.  Nor is
CSS required anywhere.  If you like to follow "recommendations" by a
industry interest group like the W3C, you lost sense of reality.  See for
yourself:  <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List>

So it is really that far now that people start telling me I have to follow
what a bunch of self appointed companies say I should?  Oh great.  When they
tell you whom to vote for in the next election, will you also follow them?

On the other hand, if you follow the ISO HTML standard (ISO/IEC 15445)
rather than the W3C crap you get pages that work everywhere.  Not really
surprising as the ISO committees are usually experts rather than companies
who only represent self-interests...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde