POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spirals with rectangular cross section Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Spirals with rectangular cross section (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: James Taylor
Subject: Spirals with rectangular cross section
Date: 22 Aug 2002 07:50:53
Message: <3d64d01d@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Whats the easiest way of making a spiral which follows the surface of a
cylinder. The only way I can see is to sweep lots of boxes through the
spiral. ie like a sphere_sweep but with a rectangular cross section.

Thanks
jim
-is there an isosurface solution? - although I have a slow computer and the
scene will be rendered with radiosity which may make the render time
unacceptably long :(

Post a reply to this message